Busy Saturday

Last night was a late night ("Boom Town" was amazing!) and I wasn't feeling too well - headache and nausea from not eating enough before driving to Burlington - but I made up for it today by sleeping in. I enjoyed a long breakfast with Tyler's mom before finally taking a shower and running errands. While I was in dreamland Tyler, Susie, Dennis and crew were out gathering the first sap of the season! They collected about 300 gallons of it today!

They started boiling the sap while I ran to Toys 'R Us to purchase my first items for the baby. I had so much fun looking at all the little baby clothes, but I realized that if we stick to our guns and don't find out the sex then I won't get to buy much before the baby arrives - there was nothing cute in yellow or green or any other neutral color. I bought a 3-pack of Red Sox onsies (which I think could be worn by a boy or girl), a musical sleep sheep, and a huge box of newborn diapers (which came with two packs of free wipes). I had coupons galore and saved $15 on my purchases - yay for smart shopping!

When I got back to the house I spent an hour or so in the sugarhouse with Ty and Dennis before we had to head home... we were sad not to be there for the first draw off of the season, but in two weeks we are going to stay the whole weekend and plan to make a lot of syrup. It was a quick trip but I think we did a lot - at least that is what my body is telling me right now: time for bed!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day. I spent my day with teenagers at a conference and am ready to relax. Memories that count. Enjoy your pregnancy. It's beautiful. :)MaryHelen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very busy day! Tapping trees and making syrup sound really interesting. I have no clue how one does that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment