Cookies and Sunshine

Today was a very long day with meetings on both ends of my workday. I woke up feeling nauseous and had a headache which only worsened as the day progressed. However, there was a golden moment! When I was leaving the building I noticed a stack of Girl Scout cookies at our secretary's desk.

"I am really bummed I didn't get to order any this year as I really wanted them,"  said I.

"Well, which are your favorite kind?" she asked.

Of course my favorites are Somoas with all of their caramel and coconut goodness! Well, she just happened to have her own box opened and forced me to take not one, but three cookies! I took my first delicious bite as I opened the door and exited into the brightest sunshine I have seen in months - and I didn't even need a jacket as it was a balmy 42 degrees outside. Cookies and sunshine - it's always the little things that make me happy.

Comments

  1. Sunshine, coconut, caramel always brighten a day. Hope you feel better after your sugar rush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to end your long day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gravitated to your blog again today-just by the title. I think I'll think about that every time I comment this month. I love cookies too! And I hear you about the sunshine-it was about 44 here by the end of the day-and all of our snow should be gone by the end of the week. Yippee! Here's to more sunshine, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samoas are my favorite girl scout cookie too, and I purposely did not order that kind this year so I would not eat a whole box! Glad you had an unexpected boost to your day. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment