I blame pregnancy for the fact that my stomach is bloated and my pants are now uncomfortably tight. I blame pregnancy for my new-found love of all clothing with an elastic waistband. I blame pregnancy for feeling like I am starving all the time, eating like a hungry, hungry hippo and then feeling sick afterward. I blame pregnancy for my sore back, my sore butt, and my sore left leg (yeah - I love pain that shoots halfway down my body). I blame pregnancy for my limp hair and teenage pimples. I blame pregnancy for my outburst of tears while listening to an NPR review of a new reality cooking show (thank God I was driving alone in my car when this happened). I blame pregnancy for my 8PM bedtime, my 2-3 hour naps, and my lack of a social life. I blame pregnancy for my inability to focus on anything other than pregnancy and childbirth and babies - and boy, are there a lot of new babies right now. I blame pregnancy especially for my forgetfulness - including forgetting to blog yesterday for the Slice of Life Competition! Argh! I did such a good job last year of blogging every day, but I think this time around it is going to be much more difficult... but I will keep trying!
And even though I may sound like quite a pregnancy naysayer, this is the most exciting time in my life! I feel exceptionally blessed to have been given the opportunity to bring life into this world.
Some friends posted this clip from The Daily Show on Facebook yesterday, and the news clips included within absolutely make my blood boil! The woman from FOX News is especially troubling, and her hipocrisy is exposed so blatantly in the juxtaposition of clips of teachers vs. Wall Street bankers.
And even though I may sound like quite a pregnancy naysayer, this is the most exciting time in my life! I feel exceptionally blessed to have been given the opportunity to bring life into this world.
******************************
Some friends posted this clip from The Daily Show on Facebook yesterday, and the news clips included within absolutely make my blood boil! The woman from FOX News is especially troubling, and her hipocrisy is exposed so blatantly in the juxtaposition of clips of teachers vs. Wall Street bankers.

Congratulations! How many months (or weeks) are you into your pregnancy?
ReplyDeleteYou are just getting ready for a new life. Pretty soon you will blame motherhood for always being in sweats. You will blame motherhood for why you don't care what your hair looks like. You will blame motherhood for just wanting to stay home and cuddle and have no social life...and you will love every minute of it! Pregnancy and all of its pitfalls just gets your ready to focus on the best part of life...giving life:)
ReplyDeleteDitto Mrs. V and Wanda's comments. I'm excited to read about this new development (pun intended) in your life.
ReplyDeleteAnd I LOVED that clip from the Daily Show. He did an excellent job in comparing/contrasting the two lines of reasoning (which also made me crazy, too). I teach in a pretty right-wing school district so I hear casual asides about Wisconsin, unions, teachers, etc. I do my best to slide in my little zingers where I can--to point out the logical fallacies in some of the statements.
Okay, back to you--have fun with this pregnancy, and enjoy it all--even the stuff that drives you nuts. It's all good memories!
Elizabeth E.
http://peninkpaper.blogspot.com
I didn't enjoy being pregnant until the last month or so. I should have found more "joy in the journey". I am LOVING every minute with my baby now.
ReplyDeleteMommy-brain! It's okay, it seems that my brain become more capable in some ways and less so in others with motherhood!
ReplyDelete