Well, I think I've survived a real Vermont winter this year. I got off easy last year with pretty mild temperatures and snow, but now I know what it is really like to live up here! Tomorrow is the last day of March and a massive snowstorm is predicted to arrive by nighttime and continue into Friday and Saturday. I am skipping out on my history bookclub meeting in Burlington tomorrow night so that I don't get stuck in the weather Friday morning. We have parent conferences all day Friday and I cannot miss those! The state History Day competition will go on no matter what, but kids may have difficulty getting there on time. I mostly feel bad for the deer who have started coming out of the woods - they will have to survive another 6-12 inches of snow. I will definitely miss Florida weather (not the rain - I heard all about it already!) this weekend!
We had a 50+ degree day today and will be looking at 6+ inches on Friday as well. How do we get a message to Father Winter that his time is up? Good luck with your storm.
ReplyDeleteSnow - oh my goodness, you definitely need spring. Massive, stuck, skip, survive - great words to explain the seriousness of the storm. MaryHelen
ReplyDeleteI have to admit, I have mixed feelings about this storm. We have our big fundraising banquet tomorrow night and grades close for the term on Friday. A day would be nice. On the other hand, we used 5 snow days this year already. Plus, I'm ready for warm weather!
ReplyDeleteHope not too many plans are messed up. Good luck everyone. In Colorado, we still need moisture (on the plains) but not in the mountains. It's been a strange winter. It's supposed to be 70 the next few days, then 40 on Monday when we return from our break (Denver area).
ReplyDelete