No, not me silly. (However, I do have a friend who just ran the Disney Princess half-marathon at almost 15-weeks pregnant and did really well!) Tyler is running his first Boston Marathon (second marathon ever) this year along with his brother and mom. He has been training the best he can in between grading papers, coaching cross-country skiing, and taking care of me; needless to say it has been difficult to add miles each week. Now that skiing and morning sickness are officially over - YAY! - he can get serious about running. This is especially good since Boston is six weeks away!
Today was a 16-mile run, and while it was raining (now snowing - we may have a snow day tomorrow!) and windy outside, he just couldn't figure out a good way to capture and drink any of that precipitation. That's where I came in. Tyler started his run around 7AM and we timed it so that I would park in a predetermined spot at 8AM about halfway through his route and pass him a Gatorade. Sip, sip, sip and he was back on the road. Very convenient, and now I feel like I am part of his training team! Next up, a one-way long run where I pick him up at the end for breakfast! I just love running!
Today was a 16-mile run, and while it was raining (now snowing - we may have a snow day tomorrow!) and windy outside, he just couldn't figure out a good way to capture and drink any of that precipitation. That's where I came in. Tyler started his run around 7AM and we timed it so that I would park in a predetermined spot at 8AM about halfway through his route and pass him a Gatorade. Sip, sip, sip and he was back on the road. Very convenient, and now I feel like I am part of his training team! Next up, a one-way long run where I pick him up at the end for breakfast! I just love running!
| My cute ski-coach/marathon running hubby! |
Way to support a loved one in his quest. Good luck to him.
ReplyDeleteOnly six weeks left of training? I'm in BIG trouble!
ReplyDeleteSusie
I like your idea of running! I think I could do that too. I am in awe of anyone who runs a marathon or even a half marathon. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI admire his discipline and focus. So many plates to spin when you begin a family.
ReplyDeleteTyler's so driven, he'll do fine...Especially with some an awesome "training coach" to meet him with water/Gatorade along his routes!
ReplyDeleteJust saw NCUHS had been canceled for the day tomorrow, you must anticipate a call sometime soon youself?
Very cool! I ran my first half-marathon in October, and that was good enough for me! A colleague ran Boston last year and said it was simply amazing! So glad you can share in his training!
ReplyDeleteThere's Disney Princess Marathon?!?! Don't let Heather find out about that or she'll be right out there training for it. That's a great photo of Tyler! I'm sure he's doing a great job. I heard somewhere that pregnancy is like a long term marathon for your body, so in a way you're right there with him.
ReplyDelete