Awesome List

While being home sick today I had a lot of time to think about awesome things including:
  1. Our new dehumidifier for the basement which is oddly one of the best birthday presents ever! I got it working last night and already have emptied one tank full of water. Unbelievable! We are to run it non-stop for 3-4 days before adjusting the humidity, and man can I feel a difference when I walk downstairs. No moldy carpet, strange smells or tropical monsoon down there this year.
  2. My new laptop.  Uncle Dave helped me pick out a Dell Inspiron 15 and I love it. So nice to have a working non-school computer. I was imagining what it would be like to lug my laptop and pump back and forth to school everyday next year and just decided it would be too much. Plus, Ty and I both (well, me, really...) will benefit from being able to get on Facebook guilt-free!
  3. Microsoft 2010. So here is where I get real nerdy. I spent a few hours this morning playing around with my new software and discovered that I love it! I typed up a few documents in word that look amazing due to the new features. There are some things I'll need to get used to but overall I am in love.
  4. My chickens. They crack me up. I look outside and see the two rival gangs running around the yard eating the dandelions and it just makes me smile.
  5. Fred.
  6. The most awesome award goes to my sister. I've always thought she was awesome (well, we did have a few not-so-glorious moments when we were little) but I am recognizing it more and more recently.  Katie sent me her maternity clothes so I haven't had to buy hardly any. She washed and sorted Emma's clothes today to ship up here, and by the sounds of it I won't need anything else! Most importantly, I love talking to her about all sorts of things. I can ask her really embarrassing pregnancy questions, request her advice with my endless lists, email her countless pictures of cute baby decor... it's awesome! I am lucky to have a sister, but even luckier that my sister is Katie.

Can't wait to see her again in July!

Comments

  1. Hope your cold leaves soon, Aimee!

    Yes, sisters are wonderful!

    Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. Sisters are absolutely the BEST thing in the world, better than anything, money, men, anything. During my pregnancies and breastfeeding, Martha and Lisa literally saved my life. I mean it. I'm not being dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by the way, happy birthday yesterday, hope you had a great day. I taught from dawn to dusk and it was wild so never got a message out to you. sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you're thinking positive even though you're not feeling well. Hope you're better now. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see that the pregnancy hormones are making you all gushy about dehumidifiers and microsoft word,so I will cut your some slack. But as far as sisters go, and sister in laws, hormones or not,they are the best and I am so glad that you love yours as much as I have loved mine!! Happy belated Birthday. Meant to mention it at the race, but totally forgot!!! Hope Fred had fun there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment