Saving Money

Last week or so I attempted a weekly menu plan and it actually worked! This week my goal was  to venture back into the world of couponing. I studied some invaluable websites/blogs and the store ads the last few weeks and finally went for it today. After stops at both Shaw's (my regular store) and Price Chopper (my occasional store) I saved $88.23 total with $29.38 of that in coupons. (When the garden comes in we will have no shortage of food at our place!) Some of my awesome buys included:
  • $1.99 for 2 packs of Ball Park All Beef Franks
  • $9 for four 12-packs of Sprite, Coke and Raspberry Tea
  • $2.64 for a ginormous pack of Kraft American Cheese
  • $9 for 10 boxes of Ronzoni Pasta
If you are a Price Chopper or Shaw's shopper, these are the websites that I used, along with some generic coupon sites:
I am also discovering that you can "like" just about any product on Facebook and get a coupon! In addition, if there are brands you really like you can sign up for coupons directly on their websites (Seventh Generation or Amy's Organic Meals for example).  I am certainly thankful for having created a "shopping" email address years ago because now all of this coupon stuff can go to that account with bogging down my "friends and family" email.

So, what awesome money saving tips can you share?
Andrew and Emma - Just Chillin' on the Couch!

Comments

  1. Awesome money saving tips....we have Ocean State Job Lot, the Dollar Store, the Market Basket and Savers (used clothing etc). I remember Mom (Grammie) used to go to the bread outlet and the apple orchard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment