I got back from the Boston trip last night and we all mostly survived - I believe the kids had a great time. It seems we could have just gone to Boston and sat at a park people watching for two days and they would have had just as much fun! The kids were mostly behaved and did well at the Science Center and Fenway Park, but any activity that involved being "in the city" and their attention spans disappeared. We did have one poor kiddo get some sort of virus - he started throwing up at 2AM and didn't stop until around 8AM. Bless his chaperone though - he stayed up all night taking care of the kid and didn't wake me up. I owe him big time! I stayed with the boy Friday morning while everyone went on the Freedom Trail tour and by the afternoon he was well again. One of the chaperones and her daughter graciously purchased an adorable "Boston Babe" onsie for me as a thank you gift for organizing our little shin-dig - very sweet of them.
Speaking of being sick Tyler and I have both had a cold since early last week. I had some sort of sinus/respiratory infection (that I am sure was initially caused by allergies) which was cleared up with some antibiotics. As soon as I felt better though Tyler picked up a cold and gave it to me. Our house sounds like musical coughs at night! I woke up this morning with what appears to be pink eye. I swear, the pregnant immune system is awful. I think we should have planned for me to live in a bubble as soon as we found out I was pregnant! (The other day I saw an ad for a cleaning lady in the Derby Village Store - I am actually thinking of calling her to schedule a "deep clean" of our house. Perhaps that will also help us recover from all this illness!)
This week marks the last full week of school and I guarantee it will be VERY long. Luckily there is no shortage of work to be done so it will be busy for the kiddos. The high school graduation is next weekend and we are excited to celebrate with Katie and the rest of the clan at Peter and Jeannie's house. Tyler had his last big track meet today and some of the athletes are now state champs! After this week we'll have a short week and I will have lots of professional development days while the high school teachers get out early. Not fair.
On the 22nd we leave for our Duke Ellington adventure; we found out today that we will be allowed to share a dorm room at Fairfield U. which will save us lots of bucks. The rooms are suites with two bedrooms, a kitchen, living room and bathroom in between. I am happy that I won't have to subject a stranger to my all night trips to the bathroom! On our way down to CT we are stopping in several places to play tourist; my favorite stop includes a pre-natal massage at a spa. After surviving six months of pregnancy, school, and countless illnesses I am looking forward to kick-starting the summer in a relaxing way!
Tyler worked hard over the past couple weeks getting our apples trees and our garden planted. I think he said the only thing left to plant is corn. The chickens and deer like the garden so we need to get a fence set-up soon. I went out for a bit last Monday to attempt weeding the Donna Garden and was overcome by bugs. I still have welts all over my neck, chest and arms from the black flies. I'd like to finish the job but I need to 1. feel better and 2. invest in some "organic" bug spray. Maybe tomorrow... In the meantime our flower beds look like the jungle of Costa Rica. I wish I could say it's embarrassing but I've been too sick and too tired to care. Plus, Ty's done an awesome job on the lawn so at least it looks great!
Tomorrow marks 24 weeks of pregnancy - only 16 more to go! Today I worked on Baby A's "Memory Album." I've got it all laid out and now need to do some massive scissoring (which is painstakingly slow) and gluing. In the end it will be an awesome book because it will be so personal. My sister
helped me today by reading through some of the generic prompts in Emma's book; I listened intently to see if I had missed anything in my planning. I also found my "All About Baby" book that Mom kept for me. It was fun to look through and to think that 34 years ago my mom was pregnant with me! With the book and my Mom's help I started putting together a family tree to insert in the book. Since Ty and I both know a lot about our family history we will have to edit the tree down to just the nearest relatives - otherwise it could take up the whole book!
Tomorrow Tyler has a much-needed date with his never-ceasing pile of papers while I work on blowing my nose and breathing. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys this amazing weather we are having!
Speaking of being sick Tyler and I have both had a cold since early last week. I had some sort of sinus/respiratory infection (that I am sure was initially caused by allergies) which was cleared up with some antibiotics. As soon as I felt better though Tyler picked up a cold and gave it to me. Our house sounds like musical coughs at night! I woke up this morning with what appears to be pink eye. I swear, the pregnant immune system is awful. I think we should have planned for me to live in a bubble as soon as we found out I was pregnant! (The other day I saw an ad for a cleaning lady in the Derby Village Store - I am actually thinking of calling her to schedule a "deep clean" of our house. Perhaps that will also help us recover from all this illness!)
This week marks the last full week of school and I guarantee it will be VERY long. Luckily there is no shortage of work to be done so it will be busy for the kiddos. The high school graduation is next weekend and we are excited to celebrate with Katie and the rest of the clan at Peter and Jeannie's house. Tyler had his last big track meet today and some of the athletes are now state champs! After this week we'll have a short week and I will have lots of professional development days while the high school teachers get out early. Not fair.
On the 22nd we leave for our Duke Ellington adventure; we found out today that we will be allowed to share a dorm room at Fairfield U. which will save us lots of bucks. The rooms are suites with two bedrooms, a kitchen, living room and bathroom in between. I am happy that I won't have to subject a stranger to my all night trips to the bathroom! On our way down to CT we are stopping in several places to play tourist; my favorite stop includes a pre-natal massage at a spa. After surviving six months of pregnancy, school, and countless illnesses I am looking forward to kick-starting the summer in a relaxing way!
Tyler worked hard over the past couple weeks getting our apples trees and our garden planted. I think he said the only thing left to plant is corn. The chickens and deer like the garden so we need to get a fence set-up soon. I went out for a bit last Monday to attempt weeding the Donna Garden and was overcome by bugs. I still have welts all over my neck, chest and arms from the black flies. I'd like to finish the job but I need to 1. feel better and 2. invest in some "organic" bug spray. Maybe tomorrow... In the meantime our flower beds look like the jungle of Costa Rica. I wish I could say it's embarrassing but I've been too sick and too tired to care. Plus, Ty's done an awesome job on the lawn so at least it looks great!
Tomorrow marks 24 weeks of pregnancy - only 16 more to go! Today I worked on Baby A's "Memory Album." I've got it all laid out and now need to do some massive scissoring (which is painstakingly slow) and gluing. In the end it will be an awesome book because it will be so personal. My sister
helped me today by reading through some of the generic prompts in Emma's book; I listened intently to see if I had missed anything in my planning. I also found my "All About Baby" book that Mom kept for me. It was fun to look through and to think that 34 years ago my mom was pregnant with me! With the book and my Mom's help I started putting together a family tree to insert in the book. Since Ty and I both know a lot about our family history we will have to edit the tree down to just the nearest relatives - otherwise it could take up the whole book!
Tomorrow Tyler has a much-needed date with his never-ceasing pile of papers while I work on blowing my nose and breathing. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys this amazing weather we are having!
| We've almost crossed into summer! (Tyler at Glacier last summer) |
Wow Boston sounds busy, and Duke Ellington will also be busy.
ReplyDeleteHowever nothing will be busy like after that baby comes, so enjoy it now! :-)
Hope you feel better soon!
Hope your end of the school year goes well and that you and Tyler are both feeling better soon!
ReplyDelete