Today is the one week anniversary of our pre-term labor fun. Around this time last week I was calling my midwife and asking what I should do about the contractions I had woken up to so early in the morning. She gave me two options: come in or try to relax and see if they go away. I am so happy that we decided to go in! I am thrilled at the fact that we have been able to grow the baby another week already!
Yesterday we had lots of visitors, which was really awesome because around lunchtime I felt like I was going to lose it. It's hard work just sitting in bed all day! I've gotten a ton of reading done but there is so much more I'd like to be doing... and my body is full of aches and pains from basically being in the same position all day. I try to change things up and move my arms and legs around a bit but I am still sore. However, I am thankful at the end of each day that the baby is still hibernating inside! (And I also have a totally new perspective on what it must be like to live in some nursing homes... not a pretty vision.)
So our first visitors yesterday were Darlene, Wayne, and Cole who brought us a delicious chicken pie and lemon cake for dinner (boy are both good!). They also delivered a lasagne from Joan as well as a couple bags of clothes from Julie. Sweet! Next, Susie and Dennis came over with all kinds of goodies. We got treats from Mary and rolls from Martha, as well as a freezer full of food and desserts that Susie had spent the past few days working on. I can't look in the freezer to document how much food we have now, but I imagine it looks something like this borrowed picture from the internet (maybe not as organized!): As Susie and Dennis were leaving Alex stopped by to pick up our hot water canner. He and Nicole did some strawberry picking and were hoping to make some jam. This is exactly what I would be doing right now if I weren't in bed. He also said that Fred was actually in the Kingdom Aquafest Parade last weekend! As soon as he sends along pictures I will be sure to post.
It rained yesterday which finally cooled things off for everyone. I think Fred was probably the most excited as he was getting tired of sleeping like this:
Not that Fred has actually been sleeping much in his bed, he prefers sleeping in front of Matt's fan on ours!
Yesterday we had lots of visitors, which was really awesome because around lunchtime I felt like I was going to lose it. It's hard work just sitting in bed all day! I've gotten a ton of reading done but there is so much more I'd like to be doing... and my body is full of aches and pains from basically being in the same position all day. I try to change things up and move my arms and legs around a bit but I am still sore. However, I am thankful at the end of each day that the baby is still hibernating inside! (And I also have a totally new perspective on what it must be like to live in some nursing homes... not a pretty vision.)
So our first visitors yesterday were Darlene, Wayne, and Cole who brought us a delicious chicken pie and lemon cake for dinner (boy are both good!). They also delivered a lasagne from Joan as well as a couple bags of clothes from Julie. Sweet! Next, Susie and Dennis came over with all kinds of goodies. We got treats from Mary and rolls from Martha, as well as a freezer full of food and desserts that Susie had spent the past few days working on. I can't look in the freezer to document how much food we have now, but I imagine it looks something like this borrowed picture from the internet (maybe not as organized!): As Susie and Dennis were leaving Alex stopped by to pick up our hot water canner. He and Nicole did some strawberry picking and were hoping to make some jam. This is exactly what I would be doing right now if I weren't in bed. He also said that Fred was actually in the Kingdom Aquafest Parade last weekend! As soon as he sends along pictures I will be sure to post.
It rained yesterday which finally cooled things off for everyone. I think Fred was probably the most excited as he was getting tired of sleeping like this:
Not that Fred has actually been sleeping much in his bed, he prefers sleeping in front of Matt's fan on ours!

Good for you to put it all in perspective Aimee!! I know how hard it is to stay put, but it'll be worth it in the end!!! I remember, when I was on bed rest, thinking about people who are terminally ill (and are in bed for that reason). It kept me "in check" and helped remind me that my purpose was a joyful one!!
ReplyDeleteOur love and prayers continue - one day at a time!
1 Week down and counting. Great job, Mama!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Sandy
yee-haw! Just keep ticking the hours away! I've got another bag of clothes but didn't want to overwhelm you yesterday, ha ha!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on keeping the baby in the oven for another week. I know how hard it must be for you to be in bed all day! Can you at least lie on the couch or sit in a recliner for a change of scenery?
ReplyDeleteAunt Lisa