Thursday was my busiest day since July 7. In the morning Julie came over with Lena, Estelle, and Grammie for a visit. The girls were adorable - as always - and Julie brought even more clothes for Baby A! It was nice to visit with Julie and Grammie while the girls explored all of the stuff in the nursery and cautiously observed Fred in his kennel.
Later, Barry came over to visit and brought with him another box of teeny-tiny baby clothes that Cora has already out grown. It was fun to look through them all... some were so small they looked like doll clothes not clothes for humans! We hope to see Kim and the kids sometime before summer is over...
Finally, last night was my monthly book club meeting. Since it was at my doctor's house which is also near the hospital, I got the okay to attend. It was the first time I had driven myself anywhere in 15 days! It was great to hang out with all of the girls - and I got a good workout from just laughing! I had just finished reading "The Glass Castle" and I loved it so we decided that would be next months pick. For the first time I'll be ahead in my reading!
Today was the hottest day ever so we spent it mostly napping in front of the fan like dogs. Well Fred is a dog so I guess we took our cue from him! Now that it has cooled off Tyler is working on prepping the baby's room for painting. I think he is hoping to get the room painted this weekend - yay!
My sister is at the New Kids on the Block concert tonight with special VIP access and front row seats (she is fulfilling a childhood fantasy thanks to her hubby!). She called a little bit ago to tell me that she had met the band members, including her favorite - Joey. She won't have pictures for a week or so but I'll post when I get them!
Later, Barry came over to visit and brought with him another box of teeny-tiny baby clothes that Cora has already out grown. It was fun to look through them all... some were so small they looked like doll clothes not clothes for humans! We hope to see Kim and the kids sometime before summer is over...
Finally, last night was my monthly book club meeting. Since it was at my doctor's house which is also near the hospital, I got the okay to attend. It was the first time I had driven myself anywhere in 15 days! It was great to hang out with all of the girls - and I got a good workout from just laughing! I had just finished reading "The Glass Castle" and I loved it so we decided that would be next months pick. For the first time I'll be ahead in my reading!
Today was the hottest day ever so we spent it mostly napping in front of the fan like dogs. Well Fred is a dog so I guess we took our cue from him! Now that it has cooled off Tyler is working on prepping the baby's room for painting. I think he is hoping to get the room painted this weekend - yay!
My sister is at the New Kids on the Block concert tonight with special VIP access and front row seats (she is fulfilling a childhood fantasy thanks to her hubby!). She called a little bit ago to tell me that she had met the band members, including her favorite - Joey. She won't have pictures for a week or so but I'll post when I get them!
![]() |
| That's Joey on the right in the black and gold jacket. My fav Jordan is in the red jacket. |

Aimee,
ReplyDeleteKatie and I both thought The Glass Castle was good too. I just finished reading Rescue by Anita Shreve. (sp?) That was very good. Glad you were able to join your book club. The heat is driving me crazy. The pets and I have been hanging out in my bedroom cooled by a small
AC unit! Way to go on getting so much done around the house Tyler. School will seem like a vacation!!
Jeanne
Glad you were able to go to your book club. Must have felt odd to drive again!
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Lisa
sounds like you are doing great Aimee!!! Can't wait to see you next week!
ReplyDeleteJoanie had recommended The Glass Castle to me a few years back - one of my favorite memoirs!! And the book Jeanne recommended Resuce is one I just read this summer. Now I am on a roll with Anita Shreve's books!! Oh the carefree days of summer!! Stay cool!! Love, Mary