Day 2 at Home

Moments after we arrived home yesterday the UPS guy delivered two pregnancy/baby books from cousin Emily - how awesome to have the time to read them now! Thanks Emily!

Last night was happily uneventful and Fred and I woke bright and early this morning feeling good. Tyler, on the other hand, may have slept in longer than he ever has - almost 9AM! He did a lot of work in the garden and around the house yesterday and I think it just wore him out. I am glad he was able to get caught up on his sleep though as I am sure he didn't sleep well on the fold-out hospital bed.

All the essentials for bed rest: snacks, water, laptop, books and Fred!
I had Ty take this picture today to show everyone what a cuddle-bug Fred is. If he isn't cuddled up in my arms or down around my feet, he is sleeping right in my lap. I think he had a great "vacation" with Alex, Nicole, and their dogs and is still recuperating himself!

Today Ty ran a lot of errands all over town while I read up on preemies, napped, and finished the baby book I've been working on forever. (I bought scrapbook paper and a small album and then modified a template I found online for the text/fill-in-the-blanks.) Here is a sample:

Tonight I think Tyler and I may finally finish watching Gone With the Wind. We started it over a month ago but have struggled to get through it! Tomorrow we are looking forward to seeing Darlene and kids and Susie and Dennis!

Comments

  1. So glad that you are feeling well, Aimee. You look wonderful!

    Glad you will have some company tomorrow to help pass the time.

    Love, Aunt Lisa and Grammie Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in your new bedrest nest! That
    scrapbook looks wonderful; it's amazing what great ideas you can find online.

    Got to say, Gone with the Wind is good, but can never make it past the intermission! (I know Julie has just disowned me over this...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep that positive outlook!!! Fred is REALLY going to enjoy these next couple of months before his "little sister" arrives - having "Mommy" all to himself!!
    Love and prayers,
    Mary and the Peet/Haven clan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and remembering that I read Gone With The Wind when I was 14 and laid up in bed following knee surgery..xo laura

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment