- 1:30AM Woke up with terrible back pain
- Every 60-90 minutes I was getting up to visit the bathroom and each time the back pain was horrendus
- By 7:30AM I also had pain in my lower-left abdomen; felt like cramping
- Drank a lot of water and stayed in bed until 3 praying the pain would go away
- 3PM called doctor who predicted kidney stones
- Went to hospital where I received 2 bags of IV fluid and some pain meds
- Learned that baby is still doing great - no contractions while on the monitor!
- Doctor confirmed kidney stones
- 6:30ish came home with instructions to drink a ton of water until the stone passes
- 9:45PM - wondering if anything else will go wrong before this baby gets here!
(Oh, and note the new due date: September 29. There has been some debate over this since week 8, but just to be safe it has been moved back... so I won't be 31 weeks on Sunday; I'll have to wait until Thursday! Sort of a bummer but I know due dates don't really matter anyway.)
Hang in there Mommy. Did they mention drinking cranberry juice? Those folks I know who've had stones before have been told to drink cranberry juice in addition to the tons of water. Something special about the good acids in it!
ReplyDeleteAimee, you've had more than your share of troubles. I'm glad to hear that the baby is still doing well. If there's anything you need just give us a call. I'd be happy to make another meal or run some errands for you if Tyler is busy. Hang in there - it's worth it.
ReplyDeleteDarlene
Aimee, we are sorry to hear about the kidney stones. At least now you know why you had all that back pain!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the baby is still well.
Love, Aunt Lisa, Grammie, Aunt Julie, Estelle, and Lena
Oh, Mon Dieu!! Poor you!! But so glad the back pain wasn't back labor!!! Still praying for you and baby A every day!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mary :)