Oh Happy Day

Yesterday was a big day for me. I had a doctor's appointment, which meant my first excursion out of the house since coming home from Dartmouth! The appointment went well - I was told to stay on strict bed rest this week (she did add quick kitchen privileges to my bathroom privileges!) and if all goes well - no contractions - then next week I can start adding small amounts of activity to my days and weeks. If I continue doing well with the increased activity then I can graduate off of bed rest completely. I am hoping this happens by week 35 when I can safely deliver at North Country AND when I could maybe go back to work. (Going back to work is especially important since I don't want to use up my maternity leave on bed rest and then have to take a 6-week-old baby to daycare. I think I would die if that happens!)

On our way home from the appointment we stopped by the Benjamin Moore store. While I sat in the car Ty ran in and bought the paint for the baby's room - very exciting! Ty wants to try to get it done this week...  We also swung by Shaw's to pick up some Boost drinks (even though doc says my weight is perfect because baby is where she should be, I am still worried about not gaining enough). To finish our outing we stopped at the Jr. High for an ice cream cone - yummy. Although I sat down for all of this it was really nice to just get out of the house for a bit.

Comments

  1. So glad to hear that all is going well and that you got some good news!

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news - keep hanging in there.
    Continuing to pray for you!
    Love,
    Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything sounds great, but I would be surprised if you wouldn't be allowed to use non-maternity-leave sick time (disability) for bed rest with a doctor's note, and then still take your full maternity leave after Baby A is born. Of course, this would only work if you have accrued enough "sick" days for this to happen. You should certainly check with HR at your school district, to remove this additional worry. Anyway, great news, I'm so happy that things are progressing so much mroe smoothly!
    xoxo Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news, Aimee! Glad things are looking more promising for you! Will continue to pray for you.

    Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aimee, I know you are going stir crazy, but hang in there, so your baby can grow to term.So glad that you will have more priviledges next week! Looking forward to your shower!! Take care ,Martha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment