Goodbye 2011! Hello 2012!

I've been thinking a lot about resolutions recently and have finally decided on six realistic goals for 2012. (I've also branded 2012 as "The Year of Good Health." I'm thinking I should make t-shirts, notepads and bumper stickers. What do you think? :)) So here are my six goals in random order:
  1. Read at least 26 books - one every two weeks. (I am going to start with the four that I started during the NICU stay but never finished.)
  2. Try a new recipe at least once a month.
  3. Write every day. (Journal and blog count... would love to also get one piece published this year.)
  4. Reduce the amount of time I waste on the internet, including Facebook but excluding this blog (see #3).
  5. Be a good role model for baby girl.
  6. Be healthy: drink more water, eat more food, take my vitamins, get plenty of sleep, exercise and play.
What are your resolutions this year? Tyler says he wants to get in shape this year, "since I didn't do anything in 2011... well, besides running the Boston marathon." I had to laugh at that!

The past few days have been busy as always. We celebrated Christmas in Richmond on Monday with Susie, Dennis, Gabe, Matt and Kate and then spent Tuesday and Wednesday recuperating from all of the Christmas festivities. We enjoyed a morning visit from Great Grammie A. and Aunt Joan on Thursday and as they left Grammie T. arrived for a slumber party while Ty was at camp with his friends. Friday brought a pediatricians visit (8 pounds, 13 ounces - and no more phenabarbitol!).

Today our friends Linnzi and Sam are coming over to meet Caroline and to celebrate New Year's Eve. I can't think of a better way to celebrate then with good friends, good food, board games and an adorable baby! I am still sick with a cold (what a way to start "The Year of Good Health!") and it sounds like Caroline may be coming down with it as well (lots of coughing and sneezing, I had hoped she could avoid it but that's nearly impossible if I am sick), but we will persevere tonight and spend the next few days sleeping and relaxing.

Pictures:

New jumperoo - she doesn't quite fit yet!

She loves it anyway - thanks Uncle Dave!

Happy girl! Just added pillows for a better fit.

In her new outfit from Katie, playing with her toy from Grampie Ed

Cuddles with Great-Grammie

Cuddles with Grammie T

We watched "The Help" while Fred and Caroline slept

New as of today: Caroline rolls onto her side! Not new: fist eating!


She finally fits into 0-3 month clothes! They are still big but newborn stuff is too small.
Wishing all of you a happy and healthy New Year!

Comments

  1. I am impressed with all of your resolutions!! I actually didn't make any!! You are a great writer, so hope you can get your stories published!! Love the photo of Great Grammie and Caroline! So glad Mom and Joanie could finally meet Caroline! She will be rolling over before you know it! Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could get a piece published in the Chronicle about your experience as an NICU mother. But maybe you don't want to go that personal so close to home given you're a teacher in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!

    Baby Caroline is beautiful!

    Loved the picture of Great Grammie Alexander with Caroline. I think her holding Caroline was the highlight of her Christmas week!

    Good health to all of you.

    Love, Aunt Lisa (who also has a cold!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful pictures!! Hope your cold gets better. Good luck with all your resolutions! It was a joy to finally meet Caroline in person, I felt like I already knew her from all the wonderful postings and pictures. Happy New Year!!
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you all! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment