Caroline's Got Mail

Actually, she's now got an email address. Is that strange? The other day I was thinking how rare it is to find someone who has their name as their email address without any numbers and symbols. I suppose this is because there are just so many people online now and so many people have the same name. Anyway, I took it upon myself to register her for Gmail so that she doesn't have to create some crazy email address once she is old enough to be online. I'd actually love to change my own email from my maiden to my married name, but alas it is already taken!

Tomorrow we have a pedi appointment and I have a slew of questions for the doc. Caroline's last labs show that she is no longer anemic, so I'd love to stop giving her iron - it's gross and it ruins all of her clothes - hopefully the doctor will agree. I've spent what feels like hours this week on the phone with the insurance company getting things straightened away. We switched insurance on Dec. 1 from my policy to Tyler's which created a bit of a mess. Happily though they have paid for all that we had hoped and have just approved all of her meds + supplies through December 2013. At that point we'll have to deal with this again. Also this week I created an emergency "cheat sheet" of everything you'd need to know about Caroline in an emergency. We plan to keep copies in our cars, diaper bag, purse, etc. so that we are prepared in an emergency. When she got sick last week I didn't have any of her endocrine emergency numbers with me which was a total drag.

Planning to go to bed early tonight! Last night I stayed up until almost midnight playing around with my Facebook timeline and changing this blog template. I was having fun playing but I was tired when the Muffin decided to wake up at 2AM! (That was partially my fault as I tried letting her sleep without a diaper to get rid of a diaper rash that appeared yesterday. I figured we might as well take advantage of the fact that she doesn't pee at night... I just had to hope that she didn't poo!)

Goodnight!

Comments

  1. I love the new blog background, type format, and colors. So up to date!

    Loved how you made a "cheat sheet" to have in every thing you take with you when you are on the move. That is so wise of you.

    Hope your pediatrician appointment goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a genius. I am right now going to make gmail accounts for Thing #1 and Thing #2. Although for sure the last name "ouillade" doesn't pose the same problems as does "alexander".
    Your blog looks VERY modern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Aimee,
    The new blog look looks great! At first I thought it might make my eyes go zonkers, but it doesn't! Glad you got insurance straightened around, the idea of having sets of all the info you need wherever you might need them is a great idea. Hope the appt goes well.
    Sometimes it is worth staying up past bedtime to do something creative, even if it means feeling tired!
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new blog design. Very jazzy. You are so organized with getting your insurance lined up and your cheet sheets. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the email address front, my roommate says "brilliant idea"! Hope gmail will still be around when she's ready to hop online.

    Glad to hear the insurance is straightened out. I had four different carriers in a couple of years so I still occasionally get billed to the wrong one, but having all the paperwork at hand solves all my woes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment