Happy 6 Months, Caroline

I can't believe it's been six months since Caroline was born. When I look back at our pictures from the NICU it seems so long ago - or maybe that's just my brain working hard to forget all that we went through. Today Caroline is probably 10 pounds (she was 9lbs, 13oz. last Tuesday) and she is doing all of the things we'd expect her to be doing at this point. Early Intervention came out this week and said that there isn't much we need to work on with her - a couple of stretches to improve her flexibility and she should be good as gold. She eats well and has been sleeping quite nicely at night and during her naps. I couldn't have been blessed with a sweeter baby.

I am still only giving Caroline a bath once a week since she hates them, but I am trying a new tactic. I've been putting her in her own tub during the day to get her used to it, and then I hope one day when I add nice warm water that she will love it. What do you think?
"I'm just a zebra hanging out in my pool."
I took a bunch of pictures of her today to celebrate her half-birthday. I know I've posted way too many below but it's hard to pick just a couple when it's your own baby!
"Do we really have to do this, Mom?"



























Comments

  1. I'm glad you included all the photos. They are just too cute to narrow down. What a happy girl you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo with the pearls made me giggle out loud!! Happy 6 months birthday to a pretty little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Half-Birthday Princess Caroline! I love the black and white picture with the white pearls and pink flower. Aimee, not only could you be a writer but a photographer as well! Regarding the bath, you could try giving her some tub toys while she is playing in the tub, then include those toys when you decide to add water. I found it easier when my babies got a little bigger and I could put them in the big tub (while I held on to them of course). With more water covering them, I think they stayed warmer. Good luck!

    Tara Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible photos!! Happy 6 months-Wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment