Isn't that crazy! I can't believe my baby is already seven months old! Today we celebrated by driving out to Island Pond to visit with my friend Jocelyn. Caroline seems to have a bit of stranger anxiety right now so she stuck out her bottom lip and whimpered a bit every time Jocelyn tried to love on her! We definitely have to get out more so that Caroline can be around - and get used to - other people.
Caroline is also really starting to have fun during bath-time. I no longer have to put the tub in her bedroom or put her in a dry tub and then add water. Instead, she will now splash around in her (baby) tub! She especially likes to kick at her little yellow ducky (from Tara, I believe). She will play in her bath for quite a while before getting bored. With more frequent bathing comes dry skin though so I've only been using water - no soap - in most of her baths and olive oil as a lotion. We also keep the humidifier going at night in our room.
Caroline is still fighting diarrhea but it seems to be slowing down. I attempted rice cereal again today to help her out; she did a fantastic job eating it this time. I am excited to keep feeding her the rice over the next month and then slowly adding in other exciting foods like apples and bananas. :)
I attempted to make homemade Greek yogurt over the weekend but it turned out really soupy. (It won't go to waste though as we are using it in smoothies.) I am determined to try again and have found several other recipes online to experiment with. It was pretty neat to see the milk thicken up after eight hours of stewing in the oven (no heat, just the light turned on). Tomorrow I'll make granola - something that I make often so I know it will be delish.
No picture of the final product but I can tell you that I spilled half of it all across the kitchen floor! What a disappointment! When I make it again I'll take a pic.
Caroline is also really starting to have fun during bath-time. I no longer have to put the tub in her bedroom or put her in a dry tub and then add water. Instead, she will now splash around in her (baby) tub! She especially likes to kick at her little yellow ducky (from Tara, I believe). She will play in her bath for quite a while before getting bored. With more frequent bathing comes dry skin though so I've only been using water - no soap - in most of her baths and olive oil as a lotion. We also keep the humidifier going at night in our room.
Caroline is still fighting diarrhea but it seems to be slowing down. I attempted rice cereal again today to help her out; she did a fantastic job eating it this time. I am excited to keep feeding her the rice over the next month and then slowly adding in other exciting foods like apples and bananas. :)
I attempted to make homemade Greek yogurt over the weekend but it turned out really soupy. (It won't go to waste though as we are using it in smoothies.) I am determined to try again and have found several other recipes online to experiment with. It was pretty neat to see the milk thicken up after eight hours of stewing in the oven (no heat, just the light turned on). Tomorrow I'll make granola - something that I make often so I know it will be delish.
| Making yogurt... I had to bring the milk up to 180 degrees first |
| Then let it sit until it reached 105 degrees |
| Wrapped it in a towel w/ oven light on and shut the door for 10 hours |
| Hugs with Daddy |
| Making steel-cut oats with Flat Stanley - anyone know this book? He was mailed to us from Florida. |
| Naked time - the best cure for diaper rash! (Mommy was stuffing diapers) |
| It's fun to eat everything these days |
| Happy 7 months little Monkey! (She was eating this book too!) |
| She loves the bumble bee in this book... |
| ...and especially loves eating her DNA. |
I cannot believe that Caroline is 7 months old either! What a long way she's come from those early weeks.
ReplyDelete7 months is right on target for stranger anxiety to kick in. W,C,H all went through it at that age.
I've made homemade yogurt in the crockpot several times. My recipe warns that homemade is not as thick as store bought because store bought has junk added to it to thicken it. I like to strain it with cheese cloth overnight and it turns out nice and thick like greek yogurt. Then you can use the whey that strains out as the liquid in baked goods, or I just give it to Spike. He loves it.
Love all the photos. Caroline is just beautiful.
Happy 7 month bday, Caroline! It is hard for me to believe she is already that old!
ReplyDeletePictures are adorable!
Good for you for making yogurt! I used to make it years ago. I had a little electric yogurt maker. Now, I am lazy and just buy a big tub of it!
Happy Seven Months Caroline! The pictures and video are adorable. Yes, I believe the ducky came from me. Every little one needs a ducky for bathtime! Aveeno lotion works well for dry skin. I love the picture on the last post with Caroline in the high chair. She is Tyler's mini-me!
ReplyDeleteTara
Loved that photo of Caroline smiling away while Tyler is holding her!! And playing the piano!! Aimee, I think you are some kind of wonder woman, taking care of a sweet little baby 24/7, plus time for sewing and cooking elaborate things....you are putting the rest of us to shame (well, me at least!!)
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe Caroline is 7 months. It just doesn't seem possible.
Love, Joanie
She is ADORABLE and so happy!! I can't believe how big she's getting. She is doing so well and I'm so happy to hear that she is starting to feel better and like baths! That's awesome...the boys turned a corner one day and just started loving bathtime! It is now a fun time that we all look forward to :)
ReplyDeleteI work for Stonyfield, so you can send me a message with your address and I'll mail you some coupons for organic greek yogurt :). I know some of the fun is in the making of it but this can be your back up plan! Nice work making it, by the way!! That's awesome!
Happy 7 months to Caroline! She will be 1 before you know it! She looks fuller and so happy! Looks like she will need a real piano in the house, someday! I also used to make my own yogurt., but no more. Wondering how you are culturing the Greek yogurt( which I love to eat).Love all the neat things you do, Aimee (in your ?spare time) Chris has a cousin who just delivered a 32 wk baby, and is at Dartmouth, so her journey is just beginning! So glad yours is a healthy baby ending! Love, Martha
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute video-love that she can play the "piano" with her feet!
ReplyDelete