It's Hot!

Wanted to post some of my latest pictures, and also to ask for your support for my friend Bridget. I've just about reached my March of Dimes goal, so if you haven't donated yet please consider supporting her campaign. Bridget's son was born at 30 weeks - 10 weeks early - and weighed just 3 pounds, 1 ounce. She was my lifeline while in the NICU... we pumped together (oh, what fun!), had lunch together and spent a lot of time worrying about our babies together.She is walking in Hanover on May 12 (unfortunately we cannot be there to walk with her) and is almost halfway to her goal. Can you afford to donate $1 for every week her son was early? Here is the link if you would like to help her out: http://www.marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?pp=4082375&ct=4&w=5203791&u=bridget1029. Thanks!

Walking in Newport on Saturday when it was still a little chilly

All snuggled up

The whole crew!
Trying out her new bonnet from Rebecca

This is how most of pics actually turn out!

It's so hot baby girl just wears her FB's!

Fun? with reflux

Lots of walks... it was hot this day!

Saying good-bye to Flat Stanley (Caroline ripped him in half-oops!)

Last pic of our whole flock of hens
Caroline and I went to support Tyler's Trivia Night fundraiser last night. When we left the hens were still all over the yard, when we came back something had gotten to 4 of them. We now only have 3 remaining. I am so sad today...
Books from my mom's group book exchange

Trying to roll

Playing with corn while Mommy plans

Excited for our garden this year!
Since the time change Caroline has been way off her game. I've also been trying to take her out a little more too which messes with her schedule a bit (we did our first Kindermusik class this week - it was fun!). I'm working on getting her back to a 7-7 sleep schedule instead of 9-8... and it seems that her naps may be dropping from 3 a day to 2 a day. Also, with the heat she is drinking up a storm - like 6-7 ounces more each day! During her afternoon nap she wakes up every 30 minutes for more to drink and then falls back to sleep. This is just another reason why I am happy to be home with her... I doubt a babysitter would have picked up on her thirst (or could sit and wait with a bottle ready to go). I am thinking down the road we will need to invest in a water-cooler for her so she can get her own water whenever she needs it without having to crawl up to the sink. Also, it'd be great if I could get her to drink from a sippy cup. She has successfully tasted water out of my glass a few times so maybe it's time to try. (On a side note, she has successfully completed her oatmeal trial. I tried pears yesterday and today with no success, even when I mixed it with oatmeal. I will try again tomorrow before we move on to sweet potatoes.)

Comments

  1. Poor Flat Stanley! I just love the pictures of Caroline in the baby jogger. My kids both loved our baby jogger. I noticed "Are You My Mother" in the pile of books. That was a favorite in our house. Both of my kids loved pears and sweet potatoes. Pears were a big hit plain or mixed with cereal and they both liked pear juice. Caroline will be rolling before you know it!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline looks really pleased with herself for tearing Flat Stanley in half.

    Do you think the "something" that got one of your chickens was Fred? He was probably inside while you were away. I'm so glad that Spike is totally not interested in our chickens.

    Looks like Caroline is growing some very long legs - future runner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures...she looks like she is ready for Easter in that pretty little dress, and she has lots of Easter bonnets to choose from! I just read the good results blog, what very good news. Loved seeing what the cloth diapers look like!
    She is just so darn cute!! And trying to roll over!
    Love, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is getting SOOO big!

    Sorry about your chickens!

    Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow she's getting big - so glad Spring is finally arriving and your life with change with your little gal who's growing and changing - exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment