Some pics from last week first:
 |
| It's so hot, Mommy! |
 |
| Caroline loves her shirt from Aunt Kate |
 |
| We went to the lavender fields in Canada last week - Caroline's 1st international trip. :) |
 |
| Caroline spends lots of time like this now |
 |
| Trying on her bathing suit for Florida |
Now for my birthday weekend:
 |
| Birthday morning - my awesome weed whacker from Tyler |
 |
| Taking it out for a test run - I love it! |
 |
| Garden is almost done - just missing onions! |
 |
| Finished t'mater, basil and marigold patch |
 |
| The end of Memorial day |
It really was a great weekend. Saturday Ty had a track meet so it was a pretty typical day for me, however it's not every morning that you are greeted with a weed whacker! Sunday was a huge workday. We set Caroline up in the shade and got to work in the garden. Ty focused on the berries while I planted just about everything else. Our monitor reaches the garden so we were able to continue working while Caroline took a LONG nap. Sunday Ty had to grade but I got out and:
- finished planting the seeds in the garden
- weed whacked the yard
- planted my pansies in baskets
- weeded the flower beds
- raked the yard
- watered everything
- cleaned up and organized all the garden tools
- did a load of laundry
- washed dishes
- mapped out the garden in my garden book
It. Was. Awesome.
I forgot what it feels like to really get work done. This morning I actually woke up with sore muscles and realized that I haven't really exercised since our HONEYMOON! That was July-August of 2010! Unbelievable.
Tyler finished up his grading (most of it, at least) this evening and went out to mow while I got Caroline ready for bed. Our yard looks fantastic now! I am so excited that this summer we will be home to properly take care of our garden for the first time since we bought the house.
We hope for a lot more weekends like this over the summer. :)
Glad you had such a great weekend, Aimee. Your garden looks gigantic compared to mine!
ReplyDeleteLoved how cooperative Caroline was while you planted.
You sound pretty productive! You're so lucky to have that big house and all that land to work on - great!
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised you were able to get all that work done with a little baby in the house. Tyler must be very helpful, or Caroline must be a terrific napper.
ReplyDeleteI too thought your garden looked very large. Is it larger than last year?
Love that you got a weedwacker for your birthday. There is something strangely satisfying about destroying everything in your path. At our house, Wes does the mowing, I do the weedwacking.