Peas Please!

 Apparently my daughter will actually open her mouth for food... if it's peas!

After making homemade pears and sweet potatoes and seeing them go to waste with Caroline's refusal to eat anything but milk, I started giving her Gerber babyfood so that I could try different things without feeling bad if it's wasted. Now that I know she likes peas I'll make some from scratch for her. I am so excited to find something that she likes to eat!

And this is what it looks like to face plant right into milk you've just spit up! Yucky Caroline!


Comments

  1. Good Girl Caroline! Peas are so good for you.

    When it comes to homemade food - do you think you're able to get it as smooth as the packaged kind? I used to make some homemade foods when they got to the stage 2 and stage 3 foods, but for stage 1, I could never get it quite as silky as the store-bought and they never liked it as much.

    Looks like Caroline has discovered a new kind of facial. (Sorry. That's gross.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she likes peas, no matter if they are homemade or store bought. It's a start at least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peas -- oh boy!! I cn remember when Jacob would only eat spinach -- and from a can!
    She looks great -- so nice to see her growing!!
    Love to you and Tyler too,k
    Mary:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aimee,

    What a bummer that Caroline won't eat the nice homemade food you make her. At lease she likes the peas. That's a great start, even if it is made by Gerber! The video is adorable.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aimee,
    I wonder if she is not eating the homemade foods due to the different texture? We had this issue with all 3 of our children. They pretty much refused ALL of the homemade baby foods, but then when we switched to Gerber/BeechNut they all of a sudden became GREAT eaters. I'd call it a coincidence if not for the fact that all 3 kids did this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Caroline, I love peas too! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids never liked baby food peas but loved carrots, squash and sweet potatoes! Caroline looks like she is having so much fun playing with her cupcake liner, and loving those peas! Love the face plant photo! Doesn't seem to bother her at all! Love, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't be shocked if she rejects your peas but loves the canned variety. You don't know this but I made all my own baby food, from scratch, for both kids, always. They never ever ate canned/jarred food except when we travelled. I had this amazing thing everyone has over here called a "Babycook" (which cooks for FOR your baby, rather than cooking your baby, as it would imply in English!). You steam and then puree the food. It gets it all silky smooth.
    Now I have an almost-6 year old and a 3 year-old who REFUSE, categorically, anything with lumps or pieces of anything. Léna will ONLY eat stewed and pureed fruit. Nothing in normal form will cross her lips. So beware. If I had given jarred food, as the stages went on, they would have progressively been introduced to pieces and lumps. But no. Now feeding them is a disaster.
    Glad Caroline is enjoying eating anything! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing her enjoying the peas!I think she's trying to suggest making pea cupcakes!
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment