Happy 4th!

This was a busy week, especially since Tyler was in Richmond working for his mom and step-dad. I have nothing but admiration for single mothers!

Friday - we dropped Ty off at deer camp and hiked to the cemetery

A bunch of stinky guys cutting a TON of wood. :)
Cedric took this family pic for us
Saturday night Uncle Bobcat came over for some Catan
On Monday, Caroline and I went to Joanie's house so that she could meet her Great Aunts Julie and Darlene as well as Estelle and Lena (she'd briefly met Wayne, Cole and Heather at Shadow Lake previously).

Julie and the girls
Tuesday, we did our morning walk with Annah and her son and then it took 4 hours (!!!) to pack up for our drive to Richmond. Of course, as soon as we did get going Caroline threw up - par for the course these days. This was actually her 5th time throwing up that day. I am looking to switch her car seat to a convertible one so that her belly isn't so scrunched up; hopefully that will help.

Wednesday morning Caroline "ran" in her first race with her Grammie Susie - the Richmond Mile. She looked so tiny in her Bob! That night, a quick storm blew through leaving us without power. Thankfully, Dennis has plenty of flashlights! Around midnight I woke up to the sound of a snorting pig, only to discover it was Caroline who caught her first cold.
Caroline and Grammie are ready to run!

Cookie Monster

Aunt Martha
Who is pushing Caroline?
1st race!

Christa gets her own Vermont Life cover

Naked time after the race


It was  LONG night for the three of us but I got packed up Thursday morning and headed home. With the help of a slightly elevated (on one end) Pack-n-Play, a cool mist humidifier, boogie wipes, a bulb syringe and plenty of fluid, Caroline slept great (10PM to 7AM).  Today we did an early walk again with Annah and ran errands before she went down for a nice nap - her only of the day. (Perhaps she's starting to grow out of her 3 naps a day?)

Yesterday Caroline turned 11 months old. Bizzare! Tomorrow - July 7 - marks the 1 year anniversary of going into pre-term labor and being put on bedrest. I can't believe my baby is almost 1 year old!
I'm 11 mo. today so I can make all the funny faces I want!

Tyler came home tonight with a cold of his own. Hopefully they can both recover before we leave for our trip to Florida.

And that's about it! This weekend we are going to work in the garden and get the yard in shape. I'm also reading a great book (Emily, Alone) that I have 4 more days to finish before the library wants it back. All free time will be devoted to that!

Happy weekend!

Comments

  1. These are the cutest pictures of Caroline I've ever seen. I love photo #5 where she's eyeing that giant cup of coffee. Naked time looks like a lot of fun, and the last one is just adorable. I can just tell that she's going to be a handful when she starts running around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene is right, those are absolutely cute pictures. I just love the coffee one, too. I was so happy to see the ones of Susie and Caroline at the race. That must have been so much fun for Susie (and Caroline!). Sue's smile says it all. That picture with the toilet paper is too funny! :)

    Tara N.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment