Yesterday Tyler and I finally got a chance to take our wedding canoe our for its maiden voyage. Tyler had heard great things about Holland Pond so we packed up the kids (Caroline and Fred, that is) and headed out. It was a beautiful day and after getting over my initial freak out (as a ski boat headed right at us, "Tyler, this was the stupidest idea ever. Let's go home. Now. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid idea!" Not my best moment) we had a lovely time hugging the edge of the pond. You can read about the pond
here.
Today was Glover Day and Tyler's 10 year high school reunion, although none of Ty's friends ended up going to the reunion so we skipped it and went to Shadow Lake instead. It was another glorious day in the Kingdom!
Tyler took 5th place in the race this year - pretty decent considering his lack of training and his midnight viewing of the Olympic Opening Ceremony. Caroline and I were going to walk but decided late last night (when the ceremony was dragging on and we still hadn't packed up a thing) that I would stay home with the babe until she finished her morning nap, then we'd meet up with Tyler in Glover. At the race, Caroline got to meet some new friends: Tara and her kids; Chelsea; Sarah, Jessie, and baby Wesley (a doll!); and Thomas!
At the lake, Martha and Chris grilled up a bunch of great burgers and dogs and we took Caroline for her first "swim" in Shadow lake. I can't wait to take her swimming again as she really loved it. It was great fun at the lake, and we were bummed to leave when Caroline started getting cranky. (However, she not only slept on the ride home, but continued sleeping another 2 hours once we got home! Fred and I joined her for the second part and woke up feeling great!)
Depending on the weather we have another adventure planned for either tomorrow or Monday: driving out to look at a waterfall in the middle of the woods. This should be fun!
 |
| One of Caroline's early birthday gifts from one of my Mom's group friends |
 |
| Made raspberry jam this week too - delish! |
 |
| Cute in her new dress from my girlfriend Rebecca |
 |
| Yes, it was cold enough for a hat! |
 |
| Helping Daddy with the green beans - sort of |
 |
| Our first 2 pounds of beans... picked another 3 pounds tonight |
 |
| Caroline's Opening Ceremony outfit - another from Rebecca. Love hand-me-downs! |
 |
| My Olympic cupcakes |
 |
| Holland Pond - death grip on Caroline |
 |
| First time swimming at Shadow Lake |
 |
| One of our fave pics from the day - Caroline with her Grandpa! |
How wonderful that Caroline got to swim in Shadow Lake and join the Glover Day Barbecue!
ReplyDeleteLoved that last picture with Grampie Edwin!
Love the framed photo of Caroline with leo and number 1. So cute.
ReplyDeleteYou are SO BRAVE to take Caroline in a canoe. I'm still nervous with Cole and Heather in a canoe. I bet she loved it.
The picture of Tyler at the sink with Caroline on the counter - I thought that was Edwin!
I can't believe you have green beans. My garden is so far behind everyone else, it's pathetic.
Caroline looks like such a happy girl with her grampa.
It was great to see you guys yesterday, even though it was brief.
We have green beans, lettuce, zucchini, and our cherry tomatoes are just stating to turn red. Plenty of stuff is behind though - our cucs are pathetic!
DeleteI am so happy we got to meet Caroline! She is just adorable. The picture of her sitting in her pink seat "helping" Tyler with the beans is great. Glad you had fun at Shadow. I am an Olympic fan as well, but I have to admit I skipped the opening ceremonies and watched the highlights the next day! Darlene, maybe you and I could compare gardens?
ReplyDeleteTara N.