This time last year...

On July 6, 2011 I posted about our HUGE to-do list and all of the things we wanted to accomplish over the summer, I had run errands all morning and worked in the yard all afternoon.

On July 7, 2011 I woke up in pain and went to the hospital. I was in labor at 28 weeks and sent to Dartmouth. Too overwhelmed and medicated to blog about it that day.

On July 8, 2011 I wrote about being in the hospital. Soon, I'd be moved to a shared room with  a woman I'd become good friends with - Hannah.  It's weird to think that we spent those days listening to our babe's heart rates and now our babies can play together!

Now I can begin counting down the days until Caroline's birthday, then her "adjusted age" birthday, then her homecoming (and the anniversary of all the milestones in the hospital). I think it will be good to re-live all of this stuff, and then to file it away in my head (all but her birthday, of course!).

I better get that baby book in shape soon!

Caroline is going to be a soccer player for sure

Comments

  1. It seems like yesterday that you went into preterm labor. Hard to believe Caroline is going to be a year old. Seems like it went really fast, although maybe not for you with all the challenges you've faced.

    Anyway, I'm glad that things are going a lot differently now than a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quite a roller coaster ride that you, Tyler and Caroline went through but so happy that she is healthy and on her way to one year old! Haved loved your blogs about her life! Keep them coming! Love, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing to see how far she has come (and you too!) in one year?! I can't believe it's been a full year already! She is the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment