My apologies...

It has been over 14 months since my baby shower and Caroline's birth and thank you cards still haunt me. Every once in a while (last week) I come across a bit of paper with a name and gift that arrived while we were in the NICU - who knows if I will find more names over the coming years! I also wrote a huge stack of thank you cards months ago, and somehow managed to put 6-7 of them into the drop box at the Post Office before realizing that they weren't addressed (only names written on them). Did they make it somewhere? Perhaps the North Pole? I've also been told a couple times now that I wrote duplicate thank you cards to gift givers - lucky you!

I am normally pretty good about getting these done on time so I feel incredibly guilty whenever I am reminded that they still aren't done. So, if you haven't gotten a thank you from me I AM SO SORRY! We were flooded with such wonderful things for Caroline and we are thankful for each and every gift we received.

With that out of the way, I also wanted to share a video:

Also, we did the CHaD Hero this weekend. Caroline and I walked with other NICU friends, while Tyler (9th overall), Matt (13th overall) and Susie (4th in age group) all did the half-marathon. The event had over 2,800 participants and raised over $500K. It was great fun... I can't wait for Caroline to run Cam's Course (the family/kid run)  next year!
Headed to the finish line!

Guess the photog thought Ryan was my husband :)

Mission Possible! NICU parents with their graduates!

In case you didn't know - Ty got a deer bow hunting

Caroline makes a lot of funny faces these days

Check out those eyelashes!
Goodnight!

Comments

  1. Aimee please stop beating yourself up about thank you notes! For goodness sake, you get a "get out of jail free" card. (By the way, I did receive a very nice thank you note, so mine wasn't one of the ones that ended up at the North Pole.) I have never heard of the CHaD Hero race and I googled it and read about it. What a nice event. I am so glad you all got to participate in it. Great video of Caroline, and those eyelashes are just beautiful!

    Tara N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone looks so happy in the photos: you walking in the fundraiser, Caroline walking with her walker, and Tyler with is little girl and his deer!!

    So glad everyone is well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment