News! News! News!

Caroline news first:

She is walking. WALKING! I have a few steps on video but we can't find the plug to upload the footage. Plus, Ty's camera is full and I can't manually delete enough to be able to get any more footage. As soon as I can I will post! It's very exciting for all of us. She started last week by taking three steps from the bathtub to the toilet and she didn't even realize she had done it. She didn't walk again until Monday when she walked form me to the TV stand - about 7 steps. We practiced with her that night and she just kept adding to her step-count. Now, she is walking to no one in particular... just walking! She doesn't get very far before she falls but she is such a rock-star that she gets back up and starts again. (Since last week she's also been practiving on her own getting from sitting to a standing position over and over again.)

Caroline is also learning how to clean. She loves the dishwasher and will throw a tantrum if she hears you open it and she's not there to assist. (We've started piling up dinner dishes instead of loading them because she can hear us from her crib and won't go to sleep.) She helps unload the silverware and likes to reorganize it. I've also taught her how to wipe down the counter and the front of the appliances. I am working on getting her to put things away when she finished playing with them but that seems like it's going to take a while longer. ;)

Caroline wants to feed herself all the time and will also throw a tantrum if you don't let her have a turn (same with brushing her teeth). I love her independence. I do not love the mess I have to clean up when she's done!

She is doing great on her DDAVP pills. We love not having to give her shots anymore. She is also growing! She doesn't see a doc until the end of February but our scale at home says she weighs about 18.5 pounds! That's bigger than  one of her full-term baby friends who is the same age! I am really looking forward to seeing where she is on the growth charts both in terms of weight and length as well as head size. (Oh, and she's got more hair so I can finally do pig tails!)

Baby boy news:

Many of you have already heard or read about baby boy's name: Grant. Yes, it's after Ulysses S. Grant. Middle name has also been determined but is under lock and key until he is born. I like being able to call him by his name instead of just baby or baby boy.

He is a super active little bean (about 1 pound now) and is constantly kicking, punching, and doing flips. He mostly likes to hang out in a head-down position as if he's ready to join the world (but I continue to tell hi he needs to wait!).  I've had several ultrasounds already and things are looking really great with him!

Yesterday I was 22 weeks and had my last cervical length check down at DHMC. It looked great but the doc noticed that I have placenta previa. She went back to look at my level 2 ultrasound from 18 weeks (also done at DHMC) where the placenta previa was also visible. I have no idea how this was overlooked but knowing sooner would have only made me worry for longer so I don't mind!

From what I have read you often grow out of PP as your pregnancy goes on. The placenta moves up as the uterus expands and you can have a totally uneventful delivery. If it doesn't move though you have to have a c-section to deliver the baby. The scariest part is that you can have sudden heavy bleeding at any point. You can read more of the scary stuff on your own but for now I am focused on the placenta moving and things progressing as they should.

In the weight department I am gaining more than I did with Caroline. Yesterday I weighed just as much as I did when I delivered her! I am having round ligament pain now that is pretty horrendous. Last night I thought I was going into labor it hurt so bad... but I suppose that's because I am expanding. :)

And in non-pregnancy news I have accepted a new job at Vermont Sports. In addition to doing the calendar and social media I am now also the event advertising sales manager. I've never done any kind of sales before and this week has been quite the learning curve! I am enjoying it though and looking forward to learning more (and hopefully selling a ton of ads). If I can become good at it then it will allow me to stay home with the babes. (And I just made my first sale while waiting for the pics to load!)

Tyler is doing well. We had lunch with Matt yesterday and stopped by the bachelor pad for a quick visit with Calvin. Have you seen Cal's new business cards? They are really neat! Tyler is looking forward to the March break and spending some time at camp for Glover Bowl.

Caroline likes to play in the bathroom. We've since babyproofed every cabinet and drawer in here!

Grant

Caroline likes to hang out in Fred's kennel

Playing guitar with Daddy before bed

She doesn't realize that she's not holding on to anything!

Caroline also likes to wear her swim diapers on her head

1st pigtails

Playing peek-a-boo while daddy takes a shower

Dennis got this cute pic at Caroline's swim class

More pigtails - not sure why this is out of order

My little swimmer! She's going to be a great triathlete one day!



Comments

  1. So good to read all your news. So exciting to hear that Caroline is walking and has hair long enough for pigtails!!

    Hope your pregnancy continues to go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather thinks Caroline's pigtails are really cute.

    Congratulations to her on her first steps. Love the pic of her in Fred's kennel while he's walking aroung free. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Love the pigtails and the picture of Caroline in Fred's kennel. Glad to hear baby Grant is doing well and that you are doing well too. I can't believe she is walking - that is so great. The dishwasher story is funny!

    Tara N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Caroline is learning to swim. Where's she taking lessons? The picture of her in Fred's kennel is so cute! I love her pigtails. It's great she can walk. She likes to do dishwashing I see.

    Robin N. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing all of the good news! Wow! Caroline is growing by leaps and bounds! Yeah for no more shots! I love how she likes to help out with the chores. She can come empty my dishwasher any time! Love her free spirit &independence!! Baby Grant looks great! I will pray that your placenta moves up and out of the way! Congrats on your new job!! Love Martha

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little girl!

    Trivia question: What great American poet was also named after a Civil War general? (Hint: he lived in New Hampshire for many years and taught at Middlebury College.)

    Keep baby Grant away from cigars and whiskey and he'll do well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH great news!! Caroline walking! yay! GRANT - love the name!!! and, congrats on your new job!!! So many exciting things!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment