1 More Day/Night

The Birthing Pavilion is pretty empty - not a single baby born last night! - so today the docs decided I should stay another day/night. I was put on the monitors this morning which showed that Grant is doing well but my uterus is still acting "irritable." My cervix measured at 2.9cm on the u/s yesterday which is above the 2.5 threshold but also much shorter than it was a month ago. I also got my second and final betamethasone shot last night so baby Grant has received everything he should for the next 2 weeks.

I also told them about Caroline's appointments tomorrow so staying another night works fine for our family since we were going to stay with Matt tonight anyway. I will not be on bedrest when I go home because they said at this point it would just result in muscle loss and in me losing my mind. Since the research really doesn't prove that bedrest works I'll go home on "reduced activity" for the rest of the pregnancy. (And they said Grant will NOT arrive in the next 2 weeks... which is not exactly reassuring since 2 weeks from now I'll still only be in my 27th week!)

Apparently Caroline slept great in her PNP at Matt's house. Visiting the hospital is not so fun for her as she wants to crawl around on the floor and that is just not going to happen. Today Ty and Caroline will come for an early lunch to visit and then Tyler will take her home to Matt's to play and nap. It's hard being away from her for so long, but I must admit that I slept like a rock last night now having to get up with her during the night.

So another day of laying in bed with these blood clot boots on my lower legs. Thank goodness Ty brought my laptop, chargers, and a new book to read.

Comments

  1. I just saw Joanie downtown (yes, downtown Glover!) and she said you were at Dartmouth. I am thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way. Take care and hang in there.

    Tara N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the detailed updates. We're thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee, I am thinking of you and Grant daily, hoping that he will stay tucked in and cozy for a long time yet!! Love and prayers to Tyler and Caroline ( and Fred) too! Hang in there!! Love, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your update! Keep well and in such good care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are there for another night as it sounds like you are getting some good rest. I can imagine how hard it must be to be away from Caroline! Glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment