 |
| Caroline asks for her giraffe to add to her menagerie of stuffed animals |
 |
| Story time |
 |
| She doesn't like anything to be on her plate |
 |
| She loves to kiss her "baby" |
 |
| Organizing Valentine's Day chocolates: one for me, one for Fred, one for the cup |
 |
| Intense Mega-Block building |
 |
| Caught her cleaning the fingerprints off the dishwasher! Love her! |
 |
| Another fave game: empty the pantry and stack all the cans |
Caroline is cute as can be, as usual. She is so independent and curious; sometimes she wants us to play with her or read to her but she is often just as happy exploring (read: destroying) the house, chasing Fred, or figuring out how things work on her own. I suspect she will find her little brother to be an annoyance as she grows older and wants her alone time! (Then we'll show her the pics of her kissing my belly and remind her that once she really liked him.)
She continues to enjoy her swim lessons and even started blowing bubbles in the water a couple weeks ago. Today we had plans to swim with friends but the pool was reserved. The gym set up the tumbling mats for us to play on instead and Caroline and her friend had a great time running and crawling and climbing on everything. Tomorrow she has another playdate; I am trying to do as much as possible with her just in case I am put on bedrest or have baby boy super early.
Speaking of baby boy I officially started on his nursery today! I have a pinterest page of all of my favorite things for his room and today I took the first step by ordering the fabric I need. It turns out that since I discovered the madras print a month or so ago it already sold out at fabric.com. I had to order it from a seller on etsy which meant an extra shipping cost - but it's so cute! I have just about everything else picked out and ready to be ordered this week. We want to time delivery (to the store) with Caroline's appointment in Boston so I have to wait a couple more days. I didn't want to order anything too soon but now we have crossed the "point of viability" in the pregnancy so I feel safe getting ready.
One of my local girlfriends had her daughter a few weeks ago, tomorrow a close college friend has her son, and next week another good local friend will have her daughter... that leaves me next in line! It's really weird thinking of all the new humans who will be around by summer (two more friends are due around the same time as me).
We are already dreaming up summer plans. We are going to take the babes to the zoo this summer and plan to spend a lot of time swimming and gardening. Ty had really wanted to go to Gettysburg but the timing isn't great. If Grant comes early then maybe he can still catch the bus with his re-enactor buddies and get down there. We'll have to see how things go. We'll be old when the 200th anniversary rolls around and may not be as eager to go then. :)
I am enjoying my new job which is being made easier by Caroline transitioning to one longer afternoon nap. It's still a work in progress but for the past few days she has allowed me to work for a couple hours and then take a nap myself. Juggling work at home with two babies will be trickier but we are lucky that it'll be summer so Ty can help. History Day is coming soon and as much as I enjoy working on it I'll be happy once March 27th is here and I can wrap it up successfully.
Tyler has been spending almost all of his free time researching the Civil War. He reads all kinds of books and has learned a lot about life in the mid-1800s. He is dying to spend an afternoon with Joanie picking her (very creative and knowledgeable) brain!
So fun to read all your news and see your pictures of Caroline. So happy for you that this pregnancy is progressing nicely.
ReplyDeleteI am sure Caroline will love baby Grant, just like she loves you, Tyler, and Fred!
Who doesn't want a history afternoon with Aunt Joanie?
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that Caroline is excited about her upcoming baby brother. Hope your next appointment goes well!
What great pictures! Caroline looks like she loves exploring (destroying) the house. Glad you like your job. I worked at home when my kids were babies and I really enjoyed it. It was hectic at times, but all in all it worked well for us. Chris is doing the history fair this year (he is in 6th grade) - must be you are coordinating it? Robin is going to want to know where the Fred pictures are! Best of luck at Caroline's next appointment and with all of the appointments that I am sure you will be having.
ReplyDeleteTara N.
Tara! I am coordinating it! Is he at Glover? We have a hug turnout this year... I was actually thinking of asking if you'd be willing to judge!
DeleteI'll have to get some pics of Fred to post; maybe after he gets his haircut!
Aimee: Yes, he is at Glover in Mr. Piette's class. It would be fun to judge - maybe some day if my kids aren't participating, as that would kind of be a conflict, wouldn't it? He was just working on his project last night - he seems to be having fun with it so far. Can't wait to see Fred after his haircut. Do you have a sweater for him?
DeleteTara