Still pregnant...

Isn't it so strange to think that just a few months ago we were praying I would make it to 30 weeks, then 32, then 35 and now here I am at 36 weeks 4 days and wishing that Grant would just make his grand entrance already?!?!

Last Tuesday I took Caroline to her speech session and was feeling crampy along with having some non-painful contractions. Wednesday I saw my OB who said I was 3.5-4cm dilated and 90% effaced and that Grant was very, VERY low. He said delivery could happen "tonight, tomorrow... or next week." That night we called Susie over to help with Caroline just in case and I had a miserable night of back pain and cramps.

On Thursday morning Ty and I went back to my OB who said I was another centimeter dilated and I could deliver any time. Susie stayed with us, thank goodness, and watched Caroline so that I could get some sleep that afternoon.

Thursday and Friday night I slept great! I went for two walks yesterday trying to help Grant out but nothing happened. I guess he is just so comfortable he doesn't want to leave yet.

I'll be full-term on Wednesday when I hit 37 weeks. Who knows, I could stay in this state of limbo for a few more weeks (although I'd be so tired by then!).

My sister did not feel any contractions/pain when she was pregnant with Emma. Her water just broke one day and it turned out she was 6-7cm dilated at that point and Emma was born a few hours later.  Maybe that's what will happen for me his time. My doctor said if I get to 8cm then I will pretty much miss my window for an epidural - which I'm not sure I want but it would be a nice option to have!

Anyway, Susie was a HUGE help these last few days! Yesterday she made a bunch of meals for the freezer that I had intended to make but never got around to. She did grocery shopping and cooked for us. Tyler was able to get a lot of grading done so that he doesn't have to deal with it after Grant is born and I was able to relax. Caroline is at the age where she gets into everything and loves emptying every drawer, basket, bucket int he house - keeping up with her while I am huge and miserable is no easy task - which was just another reason why Susie was  God-send. She played and played and played with Caroline!

This afternoon we are going to attempt to resume life as normal and pretend that the last few days were just for practice.

Oma heard Caroline liked to dig in the dirt so she sent a sandbox!

We think the chickens wanted to dust off in the sand, but Fred was on-guard!

Mean face. :)


Hanging out with her BFF at the track meet.



Comments

  1. Thanks for the update-- didn't know you had been dealing with such excitement this week! Yay Aunt Susie for helping out so much. Here's hoping the delivery, whenever it happens, is a piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And let's hope that there is some cake after delivery, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have all been wondering what was going on, so glad to see this blog!

    So glad that everything is in place for when Grant does decide to make his entrance and that Susie was such a big help to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He'll probably hang in there until 40 weeks and then they'll have to induce you. Ha, ha. I shouldn't even joke about that. Glad you're sleeping well at least.

    Caroline looks beautiful as ever.

    Fred's mean face looks just like his cute face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Aimee. I can't believe you are still pregnant! Sounds like it was an exciting week. I am glad Susie was there to help you out. Sandboxes are great - we even put ours in the basement one winter for the kids to play in when it was 20 degrees below zero out. I can't wait to see pictures of Caroline and baby Grant together! :)

    Tara N.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am absolutely thrilled you are still pregnant! And I would like Susie to get on a plane and get over here and whip things into shape. Tell her to book her ticket ASAP. :-) Good luck, keep us posted! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aimee, I was a week late with Eliza,4cm 100%, so went bike riding! (Probably not the safest thing to do!) So glad that Grant is hanging out a little longer. You will know when he is really ready, so enjoy your Mother's day with Caroline!! Love Martha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aimee, it is just amazing how Grant has decided to wait a little longer!! That is so nice that Susie came, and I am sure she loved being there as much as you loved having her help!!
    Thinking of you!
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment