Yesterday Tyler and I tried out the Tomifobia bike path in Canada. Some of you might remember that Tyler gave me an awesome bike for my birthday in May; with the strange summer weather we'd been having I hardly got to use it in June and July! With just a few days remaining of our summer break we decided to spend as much time as possible outside, thus we went fishing and canoeing last week, and biking yesterday. (We hope to hike Mt. Pisgah tomorrow!)
We decided not to bike from our house and instead to drive across the border to park... this took about 5 miles off our total distance, which was great since the farthest I had biked was only 7 miles. The trail follows an old rail bed between Beebe and Ayer's Cliff with the Tomifobia River meandering nearby. Along the way we passed farms, picnic tables in the woods, and lots of wildlife. We biked about 12.5 miles into Ayer's Cliff where we stopped at a cafe to enjoy brunch before biking 12.5 miles back to the truck. The trail is about as flat as Florida, so my legs weren't/aren't tired at all, but it sure would be nice to have a fluffy bike seat!
![]() |
| From Fred Hikes Camel's Hump |
Fred at the top...
![]() |
| From Fred Hikes Camel's Hump |
Molly, Matt and Fred...
![]() |
| From Fred Hikes Camel's Hump |
I think Fred can see heaven from this high!
And last, Tyler's Aunt Jeanne took these pictures at Glover Day and I thought they belonged in cyberspace:
Tyler's baby brother
Tyler and Matt
Matt, Eli, Sandy, Ed, Tyler, Me



Nice photos Aimee! Such a great bike path.
ReplyDeleteSeeing that photo of Elijah reminds me that Sesame St book he's got was a gift to Lena from my Aunt Cecile - hmmm, where did it end up I wonder?