My last year in Georgia I started doing some
hiking (or click here
hiking) and I really enjoyed it. So when Tyler proposed doing some backpacking in Glacier National Park I thought, Well I like hiking and I like camping, so why not! I had no idea (and I don't think Ty did either) the challenge we would be in for.
As an appetizer, we hiked behind our campsite one night while canoeing the Missouri River:
 |
| There were these funky shapes all over the place. I believe the White Ciffs are made of sandstone so it's real slippery... |
 |
| This cave reminds me of the Jetson's for some reason... |
|
 |
| Tyler climbed higher than I did to get the sun setting. Our campsite was right under the trees on the left. | | |
 |
| And one of many self-portraits taken throughout the trip... |
|
When we camped in the Clearwater National Forest in Idaho we also hiked a wonderful trail along the Colt Killed Creek. The story of the creek goes like this: Lewis, Clark and their men got to this area and were tired and hungry. There was nothing to eat but their horses... thus the name. After we set up camp we found the trail-head... it was an awesome hike because we were the only ones there, except for a few deer.
 |
| We were amazed at the size of the trees in the forest. |
 |
| We could have sat next to this creek for hours. It was stunning. |
 |
| We got some elevation with this hike, but it was pretty easy. |
These pictures sorta fit with today's theme... we didn't hike on foot but we did a three-hour horseback ride with a Blackfeet Indian guide (a high school girl). Tyler was the only person to book a 3-hour ride so I was forced (just kidding, I really wanted to go but was afraid of having major allergy problems) into going. I loaded up on Zyrtec and off we went. We both had a great time and Tyler learned a lot about horses...
 |
| My horse was half-pony and was very feisty. She did NOT like it when the other horses tried to pass her and she would take off, giving me a fun ride! |
|
Tomorrow, I'll attempt to wrap up three days of amazing backpacking in one post!
So glad that Aimee got to go on the long horseback ride as well! The scenery in your pictures looks just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI think you've mentioned on your blog that your mom has horses. Does that mean that in spite of your allergies you do have some horseback riding experience? You look like you know what you're doing. Breathtaking photos.
ReplyDeleteAimee and Tyler, I am just seeing your honeymoon blogs for the first time, and cracked up about the bears!! I think I would have been a bundle of nerves, after worrying/seeing bears daily, but I am so glad you had a wonderful trip. Your photos are breathtaking of Glacier NP. The B &B's look better than any hotel I have ever stayed out, and I would not want to have left that beautiful bathtub! The unidentified flower is hollyhock. I have a few growing in my garden, that reseeded from last year. Aunt Elaine and Becky have many! Amy, you look comfortable on your beautiful horse. I would have gone along with Tyler, too, rather than stay and hike with the bears!!I have many zuchinni recipies, if you don't know what to do with all of them!! Welcome home! Love, Mart
ReplyDelete